bug handling policy / interaction with users

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Sun Mar 16 00:25:31 GMT 2003

On Saturday 15 March 2003 22:03, Tim Jansen wrote:

> It is not realistic to expect that this will change as long as components
> are done by unpaid volunteers.

I'm sorry but I totally disagree with that. There are two common "excuses"
used to release buggy software : "we're not being paid", and "with enough
eyes all bugs are shallow, send the patch already". Both may work in some
specific cases, but they totally suck when applied to end-user software like
KDE.

IMHO either you put up with the fact that users won't fix your bugs, aren't
interested in the Grand Beauty of your internal design and just want
something that works, or you look for another project to work on, like the
Hurd or something.

Being a volunteer doesn't mean you have no responsibility involved.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.telegraph-road.org