PATCH UPDATE: macosx build changes

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Thu Mar 13 01:31:51 GMT 2003

This is an updated version of the MacOSX patches to the admin/
directory, which combines (most) of my admin bits and Sam Magnuson's
Qt/Mac build changes.  The things that are missing are
libtool.m4/ltmain.sh changes, and a couple of minor changes to
acinclude.m4.in related to my current hack to all of the makefiles for
the kdeinit split.

An updated summary of the changes:

- moved the _NSGetEnviron bits to an AH_VERBATIM
- changed the linker flags to -Xlinker for frameworks
   to be compatible with libtool 1.5
- many changes to treat Qt/Mac like Qt/Embedded for
   the most part
- change the getdomainname check to use size_t
   (is this right?  it used to be "unsigned int" in 3.1,
   now I see it's been changed in HEAD admin to just
   "int")
- added <unistd.h> to the mkstemp check or else it fails
   complaining about missing types on osx
- changes to pam checks to look in pam/pam_appl.h as well
   as security/pam_appl.h (fixes to pam-using code will
   come in a later patch)
- find the Apple java framework
- add the fink qt3 doc directory to the default QTDOCDIR
   search

Thanks!