Replace KcmFontinst with kio_fonts

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Tue Mar 11 18:05:26 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 11 March 2003 18:41, Craig Drummond wrote:
> > On Tuesday 11 March 2003 17:02, Craig Drummond wrote:
> > > So, shall I continue with this? Or is it better to stay with the
> >
> > KControl
> >
> > > module?
> >
> > I think it would be a valuable thing to have in addition to the KControl
> > module, but I wouldn't throw out the KControl module completely. Maybe
> > you
> >
> > could implement a simple KControl module on top of the io-slave.
>
> Coud do - but why bother? Why not just have a link/button on the fonts (not
> font-installer) control module that start konqueror in fonts:/ ?  The
> problem with the current control module is that it impements a lot of stuff
> that is better placed in konqueror - i.e. the file-management like stuff.

Good points. The major drawback that I saw was that a fonts:/ url is a rather
hidden feature and that people are more likely to look into the control
center for such functionality. But such a button would indeed provide a
visible entrypoint and at the same time educate the user that (s)he can use
the fonts:/ url for that.

Cheers,
Waldo