glib in kdesupport: yes or no?

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 20:29:09 GMT 2003

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 09:18:03PM +0100, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> On Monday 10 March 2003 21:05, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > > Impossible without use of QDataStream marshalling format, as far as I can
> > > see.
> >
> > There are various possibilities here.
> > [...]
> >

> Can't you simply use the QDataStream marshalling format ?

I'm not sure, honestly. That is another possibility.

The question is if you did that, what would the diff to the current
dbus spec look like, what would be the pros and cons, etc.  I don't
know.

The value of it partially depends on what back compat strategy you
want to use (wrap D-BUS with DCOP API, two separate APIs, etc., as I
mentioned before).

Havoc