glib in kdesupport: yes or no?

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 19:54:46 GMT 2003

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 12:43:10PM -0700, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> perhaps a briefing that isn't aimed at any specific project would be in order.
> a quick web page describing what it is and how it works  and what the current
> design is on the technical level posted somewhere would go a long way. that
> would head off 99% of issues that will surround dbus one day right
> now.

Have you seen the docs on http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ ?

I think that covers a lot of it. Most of the message bus itself is
still totally undefined/undesigned (activation, message matching,
etc.) so really there is not full info to post - what exists so far is
more the libICE-equivalent layer than the DCOP-equivalent layer.

I expect to have threads on message-bus-list covering activation and
message matching and so on as those things come up.

Even on the libICE-equivalent layer, we still have a major issue up in
the air, which is the kind of type system it uses:

  https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/message-bus-list/2003-February/000131.html
  https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/message-bus-list/2003-March/000167.html
  https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/message-bus-list/2003-March/000168.html

Havoc