glib in kdesupport: yes or no?

Antonio Larrosa Jiménez larrosa at kde.org
Mon Mar 10 11:10:52 GMT 2003

El Lunes, 10 de Marzo de 2003 07:29, Maks Orlovich escribió:
> The easiest path, of course, is to just use DCOP. And please don't tell
> me "it requires Qt". If you can't re-implement QDataStream's
> marshalling, I dare say you shouldn't be coding.

Wasn't there a dcopc binding somewhere in kdesdk or kdebindings to use dcop
from C applications without linking to Qt?
What's the reason of reimplementing dcop instead of using/improving/working
on that library? I suppose there's a reason if it was Matthias idea, but I
don't see it.

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez
KDE developer - larrosa at kde.org
http://developer.kde.org/~larrosa/
Why waste time learning when ignorance is instantaneous ?   -- Hobbes