glib in kdesupport: yes or no?

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 05:17:09 GMT 2003

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 01:11:20AM -0400, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> Well lets get the ball rolling.
> Zack and I have talked about setting up a KDE meeting here this summer on the
> east coast of the US.  Maby we need to expand that focus?  I am sure I can
> scare up a few Gnome developers arround this area too...

I'd love that.  Other possible venues include OLS (we already asked
for a GNOME/KDE BOF there) and we can get free conference space prior
to the GUADEC meeting in Ireland. So any or all of those opportunities
I'd love to see happen.

> This is the middle ground as I see it...  The more stuff we define and
> implement there the better it is for all of us.  I think the .desktop
> standard really was a big first step for us.  From a user perspective at
> least.   The NETWM stuff is still comming along in KDE, but that too is a big
> step in makeing things play well together.

Each small thing we do is useful, no matter how much of the big
picture eventually happens.

Havoc