glib in kdesupport: yes or no?

Tim Jansen tim at tjansen.de
Sun Mar 9 10:13:30 GMT 2003

On Sunday 09 March 2003 09:42, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
> If GNOME would add a Qt dependancy for getting
> a sane C++ programming API, and we would add a glib dependancy for
> portability, we would have effectively merged the projects.

Running a Gnome app and a KDE app in the same X11 server doesn't mean that you
merged the projects. GnomeVFS has different modules than KIO, KPart and
Bonobo are incompatible, so are DCOP and CORBA, the base dialogs and widgets
behave differently... there is no more interoperability than between a KDE
app and any other X11 application.

bye...