glib dependancy in KDE3.x

Navindra Umanee navindra at cs.mcgill.ca
Sat Mar 8 21:15:53 GMT 2003

Stefan Westerfeld <stefan at space.twc.de> wrote:
> then interoperability will naturally arise, because people will not always
> be limited to use a totally insane programming environment (plain C) if they
> want to write interoperable code.

Is that true?  Can't you write libraries in C++ and export acceptable
portable C interfaces for them at the same time?  I always thought you
could.

I'll dig up some code if anyone needs convincing...

As for C and GNOME, well they seem to be going the Mono way for their
next generation desktop so ostensibly they will have a pretty advanced
development environment at some point...  they'll probably have
duplicated the bloat of kdelibs vs Qt in GNOME though.

Cheers,
Navin.