glib dependancy in KDE3.x

Alexander Kellett lypanov at kde.org
Fri Mar 7 17:43:23 GMT 2003

yoyo,

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 06:28:35PM +0100, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> But this is all pretty much limited to applications that link directly to
> arts, which aren't that many.

thats what i'd thought, but according to neil's
interpretation stefan says otherwise. most confusing.

> I think this is much less of an issue than e.g.
> the use of libart_lgpl, which for some reason is being linked in for every
> possible KDE application.

svgicons usage. i never did understand why the icons had to be
created in process at all after all konqi doesn't actually have
the dynamic resizing that nautilus provides, therefore, icon
generation at preselected sizes is all thats needed. maybe 128x128
isn't created though.

is an icon server still on the drawing board?

Alex