glib dependancy in KDE3.x

Alexander Kellett lypanov at kde.org
Fri Mar 7 17:37:35 GMT 2003

hiya stefan!

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 05:47:05PM +0100, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 05:30:00PM +0100, Alexander Kellett wrote:
> > I'm quite confused. I had hoped that the public api
> > to the arts sounds server would not be linking to the
> > glib library and that it would be used internally only?
>
> Why? What would be the technical benefit of doing so?

answered in your other post:
   To do this, you ultimately want to abstract not only from glib, but from aRts.
   I think this would be beneficial in many situations where we currently simply
   force application developers that their application only works with aRts, but
   the details are currently still being discussed on various mailing lists.

i just believe that kde should
not require the opening up of
arts to give applications writers
the ablity to do sound based