PATCH [ was: Re: Showstopper with Qt 3.1.2? ]

Matthias Ettrich ettrich at trolltech.com
Wed Mar 5 16:11:58 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 14:53, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> Now, KDialogbase in closeEvent() invokes a timer (through
> QButton::animateClick() ), which calls QDialog::reject(), which calls
> close() which sends a close event, and so on.

Update: we'll fix it in Qt. QDialog::done() will not send close events.
There's not much point in rejecting them either, given that the dialog is
already hidden at that point in time. Instead, with Qt 3.1 you can reject
close events in reject() (due to a smarter default implementation of
QDialog::closeEvent() ).

The patch I posted for kdialogbase.cpp works with all Qt versions.

Matthias