Wrapping KListViewItems?

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Tue Mar 4 10:55:52 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 04 March 2003 09:14, Rob Kaper wrote:
> I am using KListView as a message/event log (with icons), but some
> descriptions are too large to fit the available width. It would be most
> useful if KListView could wrap certain columns. Anyone familiar with
> Windows 2000's event viewer or Outlook's message previews should probably
> know what I'm after.
>
> Before reimplementing KListViewItems myself, I'd like to know if other apps
> could also use that functionality and whether I should try to support this
> in KListView itself.

I once tried to set a custom height for the list view items but came across a
bunch of problems and ditched the idea again. I could make use of it in parts
of Kopete if it's possible though. Downside is that you can't use widgets
there and have to do your own painting code. Child widgets would have been
far more useful.

--
Martijn