JuK -> KDE CVS

Troels Tolstrup troels at tolstrup.org
Mon Mar 3 01:20:15 GMT 2003

On Friday 28 February 2003 19:31, Charles Samuels wrote:

> On Friday 28 February 2003 1:54, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> > Well, as many of you know JuK 1.0 came out about 10 days ago.  For those
> > of you that aren't familiar with JuK, it's a jukebox type-o-thing for
> > KDE.
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense to make it a noatun plugin?
>
> Then you'd get effects, equalizer, visualization, and various plugins for
> free.

Am i the only one who would really like a simple music organizer, which does
*NOT* include these features? That is my current problem with noatun, it
seems to have a gazillion features, but i cant stand using it to actually
handle my music.

And if these features are added, wouldnt it make more sense to create a
multimedia plugin library thingy that juk and noatun would share? (then all
other potential kde multimedia programs could use them too)

No matter what is done, i sure do look forward to use juk. I actually started
creating a similar program a while ago. Guess i can scratch that now :) (doh,
guess i should have searched harder when i was looking for already existing
projects)

Mvh
Troels