New KTabWidget

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Sun Mar 2 02:09:54 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 26 February 2003 13:49, Zack Rusin wrote:
> Yes, I'm working on it.

OK, well I did what I could while keeping it BC. So:
a) The looks :
http://www.cse.psu.edu/~mrusin/tabs.png
http://www.cse.psu.edu/~mrusin/tabs1.png
b) Fixes:
a) the buttons (go figure), the actions for both (the left and the
right) are customizable, so are the icons on them and one can hide one
of both of them. The default is to hide them both to be consistent with
older apps.
b) label coloring (that actually is not anything special and can be
removed if it bothers anyone as it can be done in QTabBar derived
classes)
c) dynamic widget placement. That's to fix the nasty delay between
clicking on the link and seeing the tab popup in Konqueror. Current
QTabWidget forces one to specify the widget before showing the tab, now
one can show the tab and add the widget later.

The changes to QTabBar are minimal (the coloring stuff + the size hint
extension to account for possibly shown buttons). QTabWidget is where
the most changes is. So all in all if it's very necessary I could just
create a KTabWidget if people would prefer to have it in kdeui rather
then Qt.
I wanted to get some comments here before sending it to TT so please
take a look at the attached patch.

Zack

--
Elvis is dead, Mozart is dead, Einstein is dead, and I'm not feeling so
great myself.