KToolBar question

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Sat Mar 1 07:51:23 GMT 2003

On Saturday 01 March 2003 0:19, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> I modified KToolBar to only save settings if the settings have actually
> changed.  From all my tests the code works just as it should without
breaking
> anything, but KToolBar is not the most comprehendable bit of code and so I
> would like it is someone could take a look before I commit it.

Just a note; please use 'diff -u' in the future.  I'm attaching my
(recommended) .cvsrc.  If you have that you can just do a 'cvs diff' and it
will show all of your changes in a format that we won't flame over.  :-)

In this format, there's not context and it's difficult to read.

Now, moving on to the technical content -- what is the motivation for this?
Has profiling shown that this is a bottleneck or a significant speed hit?
Are you trying to speed up shut down time; is there a need for this?  Does
this make the code more understandable?

Forget not:

"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time:
premature optimization is the root of all evil." -Donald Knuth

Cheers,

-Scott

--
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it
is not utterly absurd.