how do I fix this header conflict?

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Mon Jun 30 23:27:01 BST 2003

> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Benjamin Reed wrote:
>
>> No matter what, on OSX configure will incorrectly fail on some tests if
>> leave the CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS -pedantic-errors" alone.
>
> So which tests does it incorrectly fail? What is the message in
> config.log?

Well it depends on how long acinclude.m4.in is at any given time and what
you're building (kdelibs, kdebase, etc.) because it doesn't fail until
you're past line 32768 in configure (autoconf tries to inject the current
configure line number into tests by using the "#line" definition).

According to this:

It's undefined behavior according to the C standard, and is really a bug
in autoconf I suppose...

As for what the message is, it's always some variant on the error in my
original post:

---(snip!)---
configure:32891: checking for initgroups
configure:32942: g++ -c -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall
  -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -O2 -fno-exceptions
  -fno-check-new -fno-common -pedantic-errors  -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT
  -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/qt3
  -no-cpp-precomp -fno-common conftest.cc >&5
conftest.cc:1:7: line number out of range
configure:32945: $? = 1

the "line number out of range" warning is considered an error because of
-pedantic-errors and/or -Werror, and it kicks out even though it compiles
properly.