how do I fix this header conflict?

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Mon Jun 30 20:55:05 BST 2003

> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Benjamin Reed wrote:
>
>> OK, "-Werror -Wmissing-prototypes" instead of "-pedantic-errors" seems
>> have the same behavior as current, but at least then I can pass
>> --disable-warnings on OSX and it configures properly.
>
> I do not understand this sentence.

No matter what, on OSX configure will incorrectly fail on some tests if I
leave the CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS -pedantic-errors" alone.

If I change it to "-Werror -Wmissing-prototypes" it still fails, but it's
because of (I believe) the -Wall added by $kde_use_warnings.  This means I
can make a special case in $kde_use_warnings for darwin to work properly
(or pass --disable-warnings) and then configure passes all tests it
should.  I'm working on a patch right now, I'll post it in a few.