KDENonBeta

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Sat Jun 28 12:25:13 BST 2003

On Saturday 28 June 2003 06:57, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> I know, but the old attic files from when they were in kdenonbeta are still
> around.  Correct me if I am wrong, but on the cvs server end the files were
> manually (mv *.cpp ../kdegames/atlantick etc) moved, leaving behind the
> dead files.  If anyone has a reason to keep them in kdenonbeta that is fine
> with me, I simply wanted binclock moved and all this is extra work.

Files in our repository are never physically moved because that would cause
weird errors with people who have an existing checkout and cvs up afterwards.
Instead they are copied and removed from the old location using 'cvs rm'.
This way history is preserved as well.

The question for you should more be why they still appear in your checkout :)

--
Martijn