KConfig Bug?

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Thu Jun 26 17:31:16 BST 2003

On Thursday 26 June 2003 18:25, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > I am trying to restore the config to the original state (as far as the user
> > is concerned).
>
> I guess the real problem stems from the fact that I am unable to determine
> where the default value comes from when [$d] is involved.  They could come
> from within the application readEntry("foo", defaultValue) or from the global
> config.

[$d] really means deleted - i.e. as if the entry was not there at all, in the
merged view (global+local).

So obviously you get "defaultValue" from the readEntry call when you're
reading an entry that has [$d] in the local config file.
I believe this is what you want, right?

> In a kind of ironic twist I noticed that if an application has a global config
> and the same key/value (the default value) is written, kconfig wont save it
> localy.

This doesn't matter either. You're looking into too much details here.
Think of the global+local config files as being merged - then it's perfectly
fine that the key/value is in the global config instead of the local config file,
since when reading, after merging, it will find it anyway.

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer