kdeextragear-1/k3b/src

Sebastian Trueg sebastian at trueg.de
Mon Jun 23 15:37:55 BST 2003

> [Moved to kde-core-devel]
>
> On Sunday 22 June 2003 12:48, David Faure wrote:
> >
> > Huh? KDE-3.1 has readPathEntry/writePathEntry !!!
>
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> reverting is maybe the badest idea to solve a problem, since this also
> means, that you loose the roaming support in KDE 3.2..

> b) writePathEntry() in 3.1 (not in 3.1 BRANCH!) was broken and wrote
always
>     $HOME at the beginning of strings. This should be solvable with an
#ifdef KDE_IS_VERSION(3,1,2)

Are you sure this is a good solution? As far as I know KDE 3.1.x should be
BC. So it's no problem to compile with KDE 3.1.2 and run with, say  KDE
3.1.1. This way the bug will show. Am I right? Since a lot of users are
installing rpm packages created by other users this may occur more than
once. I never liked #ifdefs anyway. ;)
So what can I do instead? I could provide my own implementation (some
wrapper) for as long as K3b will be Kde 3.1 comp.. I think that would be the
best solution.

Cheers,
Sebastian