Menus from kdesktop and konqueror

Alexander Kellett lypanov at kde.org
Mon Jun 23 11:29:34 BST 2003

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 12:18:23PM +0200, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 11:00:35AM +0200, David Faure wrote:
> > My comment wasn't really about the amount of work, but about confusing with
> > the user with yet more configuration options.
> > I really think this kind of thing doesn't need to be configurable.
>
> I second that. IMHO a configurable 'New...' menu is overkill. I
> can't imagine an average user being interested in re-arranging
> things in there, while just getting confused to see yet another
> configuration option.

agreed. otoh the create directory option *really* needs to be
moved out. i find myself frequently using that and being quite
confused be its location :)

in fact. while on the topic. i noticed that the features list
contains a todo item for the right click menu, but, there is
no allocated person. imo this *really* needs to get sorted out,
simple first change is to minimize the number of 'about to show'
menus by removing the codec submenu. plenty of other stuff to
clean up too though.

btw, can we move this to kfm-devel?

cheers,
Alex