artscontrol-maintainership (was: Re: artsbuilder->kdenonbeta)

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sun Jun 22 22:49:42 BST 2003

On Sunday 22 June 2003 17:45, Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Sunday 22 June 2003 22:46, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > And I know some stuff in kdemultimedia/arts is maintained, as it was
> > recently moved there from kdenonbeta/arts after a bunch of development.
> > Working case-by-case we can avoid removing someone's work needlessly.
>
> As my recent changes at artscontrol are mentioned: I would like to take
> over "official" maintainership for artscontrol if none objects.
> Sorry, Stefan for not asking you in private, but as thoughts arise to move
> it to the nirvana called nonbeta I want to object against this and therefor
> let my name stand for it...
> I know I will have little time for it the next three weeks, but after that
> period I will continue my work with artscontrol(applet) and continue with
> my LevelMeter and related things.
>
> So if you need a name standing for artscontrol, take mine!

  What is the status of artscontrol exactly?  Is it stable and usable right
now?  If not, maybe we should move it out or disable compilation temporarily
until it is.  This way we don't end up with surprises a week after 3.2.0
comes out.

   Good to see some maintainers for this stuff though.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/