kdeextragear-1/k3b/src

Helge Deller deller at gmx.de
Sun Jun 22 13:03:28 BST 2003

[Moved to kde-core-devel]

On Sunday 22 June 2003 12:48, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 22 June 2003 11:27, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> > On Sunday 22 June 2003 11:00, Sebastian Trueg wrote:
> > >removed the "roaming user fix" from deller to get KDE 3.1 comp back.
> > >Please be aware that kdeextragear apps do not get released with the rest
> > > of the Kde packages and mostly should compile with the current KDE
> > > release (in this case: KDE 3.1)
>
> Huh? KDE-3.1 has readPathEntry/writePathEntry !!!

Hi Sebastian,

reverting is maybe the badest idea to solve a problem, since this also
means, that you loose the roaming support in KDE 3.2..

What exactly is the problem ?

What I think (untested) is:
a) readPathEntry() should be compatible and work in 3.1 and 3.2
b) writePathEntry() in 3.1 (not in 3.1 BRANCH!) was broken and wrote always
    $HOME at the beginning of strings. This should be solvable with an #ifdef KDE_IS_VERSION(3,1,2)
c) writePathEntry(pKey, QStringList()) and "QStringList readPathEntry(pKey)" are only in
   KDE 3.2. Maybe we should backport them to KDE 3.1.3 ?

Are those the problems ?

Helge