Printing image in KDE (ANNOUNCE for new feature in KDEPrint)

Michael Goffioul goffioul at imec.be
Tue Jun 17 10:49:23 BST 2003

Hi all,
(this mail is mainly intended to graphic/imaging application developers)

Recently, I added a feature in KDEPrint that allows a KDE application
to use the resolution as selected by the user in the printer
properties dialog. To enable this feature, use the method
KPrinter::setUserPrinterResolution(bool). When enabled, the KPrinter
object will try to guess the resolution from the printer settings
and use that value. This feature works with CUPS and a printer with
a Adobe compliant PPD file (which is the case of Foomatic-3.x drivers).

I encourage graphic/imaging application developer to at least have
a look at this feature.

Thanks.
Michael.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul at imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM