KListView breakage in HEAD

Chris Lee clee at kde.org
Tue Jun 17 03:23:57 BST 2003

This seems to be due to a bug in qt-copy.

QListViewItem has a 'dragEnabled()' function which will return true or
false on an item-by-item basis. The problem with this is that on a
clickEvent, Qt will check the currently-selected list item to see if
it's draggable, and if not, deselect the other selected list items.

KListView::setDragEnabled doesn't call QLVI::setDragEnabled() on all of
its items when it's called, leading to the problem.

This breaks a few things. Notably, dragging of multiple files from Konq,
dragging of songs in JuK (and Kiwi, too, but that's a different battle
entirely), etc.

This bug was (apparently) introduced in Qt 3.1.2. I propose that we
either fix it in KListView by having KLV::setDragEnabled call
QLVI::setDragEnabled for its children, or having TrollTech fix
QListView's clickEvent checks.

-clee