KDE 3.2 release plan=?iso-8859-1?q?notice

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Sun Jun 15 23:35:21 BST 2003

On Son, 15 Jun 2003, Martijn Klingens wrote:

> That was more a sidenote. The main question is if we can rename RC1 to Final
> Beta and release all RCs whenever there are no known showstoppers instead of
> looking at something as arbitrary as a calendar date.

How do you know if there is no showstopper when you never do release
candidates? So you just say "ah, thats fine now, lets call it release
candidate". But when you find a bug in it, you rename it into a beta?

After all, they're release _candidates_, not _releases_. From my own
experiences the weekly release candidate schedule was a very good idea.

If you call it beta, then there will always sneak in something that breaks
it. Been there already, happened more than once.

--
Dirk