Not enough time for KDE

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sat Jun 14 13:31:15 BST 2003

On Samstag, 14. Juni 2003 12:48, Roberto Selbach Teixeira wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Roberto,

Thank you very very very much for your contributions. You will remain a part
of KDE because sooner or later you probably will have a look what's  going on
and answer at least some mails and questions on irc :-)

We wish you and your girfriend a happy marriage and we hope that your kids
will enjoy the Kinder Desktop Environment as well :-))

I guess someone from the promo people will change your information to Helio
accordingly soon.

Good luck,

Ralf

> KDE has been a great experience in my life and I am very proud to have
> been a small part of such a tremendous project. It has given me
> nothing but great experiences and memories.
>
> Unfortunately, I think it is time for me to actually realize what in
> fact had already become obvious quite some time ago: I do not have
> enough time for KDE anymore. I haven't been able to contribute a
> single line of code for _several_ months now. I am back to the
> academic life of a student, my job is demanding more and more time
> and, well, I am getting married[1], so time is kind of short :)
>
> I would appreciate if you could remove my name from the contact list
> on the project's site and add Hélio Castro instead. I sort of brought
> him to the project to help me and suddenly he's doing so much work,
> both in terms of coding and in advocacy! I guess I was a good
> mentor[2] ;P
>
> So please, add Hélio's info and remove mine.
>
> Also, Knode needs help. Reports are being filled by the hour
> (literally) and some of them might be better fixed. So if you care
> about Knode, please take a look at the bug list at bugs.kde.org
> whenever you find some time.
>
> Thanks for all and best regards,
>
>    Roberto.
>
> Footnotes:
>
> [1]  btw, she happens to be the Brazilian i18n team coordinator, so
> it's still all in the family :)
>
> [2]  He's going to hate reading this :)

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org