Followup to my smoothscaling post

Mosfet dan.duley at verizon.net
Sat Jun 14 07:44:40 BST 2003

I was able to find an instance where using averaging blocks provided worse
results: The text in a screenshot doesn't look as nice... This doesn't apply
to all images, it depends on where the text falls on a block... Nonetheless
it seems fine on all my photos, drawings, and icons - even ones with drawn
text and logos.

In my application I'm going to use it for thumbnail generation and the small
image preview window in the PixiePlus browser. For the main image view I'll
use Qt's smoothscale. I now consider it an "in-between" method. Faster than
Qt::smoothScale() with better results than just skipping pixels.

BTW, as usual CC me if you want me to see a reply ;-)