mouse keys as shortcuts: how to label them?

Ellis Whitehead ellis at kde.org
Sun Jun 8 10:58:33 BST 2003

On Samstag, 7. Juni 2003 22:22, Wout Mertens wrote:
> My mail to the xfree guys about this was never answered.
>
> I think you can safely say that all programs assume that button 4 means up
> (or down, what was it).

Also, under KDE at least, buttons 6 and 7 are scroll left and scroll right by
default.  It's probably better to just ignore this though, and not think
about "Wheel Left" and "Wheel Right" buttons. *grin*

> So you can say "Scroll Up" and "Scroll Down" for buttons 4 and 5 and
> mention somewhere how you should tell X about your mouse.

Any suggestions as to where?  Probably the best place would be in a FAQ or
help file somewhere.  I'm sure I won't get around to that though...

Regards,
Ellis