PATCH: 1st part of the patch to solve the "large file upload problem"

Thiago Macieira thiagom at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jun 6 13:03:22 BST 2003

Waldo Bastian wrote:
>> I presume you are talking about the backwards compatability ctor that
>> attempts to save the provided buffer from memory to disk.  It was not
>> intented to be a storage in case the data was re-requested.  The intention
>> was simply to avoid another duplication (copying) of the data. However, in
>> hind sight assigning QByteArray's does shallow copying so there is no
>> reason for it really.  I'll change it.
>
>No, I mean you handle this whole resending of data in the job, I think the
>slave should take care of it.

By doing it this way, the application can send arbitrary data through the
QIODevice object, not only files. For instance, sockets do work, except that
you can't rewind them. I don't think we should reject that possibility, but
that doesn't mean either that the special case of files can't be handled
specially.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiagom at mail.com
    ICQ UIN: 1967141   PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358