new kde project

Antonio Larrosa Jiménez larrosa at kde.org
Thu Jun 5 23:19:12 BST 2003

El Friday 06 June 2003 00:02, Aaron J. Seigo escribió:

> On Thursday 05 June 2003 03:50, Antonio Larrosa Jiménez wrote:
> > > the whole code as it stands is checked in at kdenonbeta/kdelirc ---
> > > it would be cool to get it in a relevant kde package (perhaps
> > > kdebase or kdemultimedia) for 3.2.
> >
> > I suppose kdemultimedia is fine.
>
> what does IR have to do with multimedia?

That an IR receiver usually only comes with a TV capture card, and given
that such a card is a kind of multimedia thing, users would look in
kdemultimedia when searching for something to handle the TV remote
(even if you use it to control other things that aren't the TV)

> granted, the most common use
> will likely be with multimedia applications, but whose to say i wouldn't
> want to check my mail using my remote control? ;-)

You're not the first one to have that idea. But that has nothing to do with
the fact that 90% of the users would look in kdemultimedia when looking
for something related to IR.

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez
KDE developer - larrosa at kde.org
http://developer.kde.org/~larrosa/
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom.