KRandr inclusion in KDE

Troels Tolstrup troels at tolstrup.org
Thu Jul 31 22:50:57 BST 2003

On Thursday 31 July 2003 20:47, George Staikos wrote:
> On Thursday 31 July 2003 13:05, Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> > >    kdeutils I think.  It sounds very much like a utility to me.
> >
> > Disagree
> > kdebase  can be  the target, as directly related to common user basic
> > desktop usage functions.
> > As the well known Windows operation system function right-mouse button
> > over desktop to change resolution.
>
>    kdebase is getting bigger and bigger, and really, most users don't
> want to use something like krandr.  I can't think of a single person who
> has actually used this type of functionality on Windows even.  It's a
> great power tool though.

Funny, almost all the users i have introduced linux to has complained about
not having the option of changing the resolution without having to log out.

I really think this is a core functionality, in line with setting your
colors, style, background, etc, and hence find kdebase to be a logical
place.

Mvh
Troels