Qt 3.2 requirement

Tim Jansen tim at tjansen.de
Wed Jul 30 18:33:57 BST 2003

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 10:37, Marc Mutz wrote:
> > o having to keep multiple versions of Qt around for testing.
> You don't need to. Others will fix errors as they fix incompats with
> other compilers/OS'es. The important thing is that those fixes must not
> result from someone willingly breaking backwards compat.

At least for me and krdc each Qt update comes with a few, subtle problems.
With 3.0->3.1 I had the problem that QWidget::showNormal() stopped sending
QEvent::Show events, which caused problems because I wouldnt be notified of
deminimization of my main window.
With Qt 3.1->3.2 my sizeHint() suddenly was to small by one pixel, so I had to
add one (otherwise the ScrollView would show scroll bars).

In other words, I would need to keep 2 Qt version around (to check whether my
fix for the new version still works with the old one) and test everything
twice. Definitely much more work than compiling a Qt version every 1-2
months. Compared to updating kdelibs it's not much work...

bye...