Stability in HEAD?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jul 30 14:12:39 BST 2003

On Monday 28 July 2003 11:49, Chris Howells wrote:

> On Monday 28 July 2003 10:46, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > Naturally some people want to play with new stuff, that is perfectly
> > fine. Others want to keep stuff stable, that's also a worthwhile  goal.
>
> We're talking about CVS HEAD here. HEAD is not stable. That's the point.

I wasn't the point I was arguing, though.
Even in HEAD stability does not have a uniform quality.
I'm proposing to have different definitions and criteria
for core parts and application parts.

QT is a core part. The criteria to make a special
version a requirement or just recommended
should be made from the KDE libraries perspective.

Building applications should actually only happen on KDE libraries
declared "stable" enough.