Qt 3.2 requirement

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Tue Jul 29 23:00:28 BST 2003

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 22:52, Marc Mutz wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 July 2003 21:57, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > That's the whole point : more often than not, you can't practice
> > those theories.
>
> <snip>
>
> Why not? Please explain.

Because they can't always be applied.

> You can't go around claiming that layering and
> fixing causes instead of symptoms doesn't work in practice and not
> provide evidence.

That's not what I'm claiming. As for evidence, I suggest you try maintaining a
large app over all of the KDE3 series. Take Konqueror from HEAD, and hack it
until it runs on Qt/KDE 3.0. Try to put your theories in practice, see how
well they apply.

--
						Guillaume.
						http://www.telegraph-road.org