Qt 3.2 requirement

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Tue Jul 29 21:43:42 BST 2003

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 22:33, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> Marc, you couldn't be more wrong. I've been confronted to this situation
> many times, both on my personal projects and at work. The *only* good
> reason to support several versions of a library is because your users
> require it. Otherwise you don't, because there's nothing but trouble there.

I had something along these lines in my drafts folder, but Guillaume phrased
it much better than I did and I couldn't agree more.

It's the *only* reason Kopete supports Qt 3.1.0 and KDE 3.1.0 and all
subsequent versions and combinations you can make of Qt and KDE.

Kopete 0.6.x supported KDE 3.0 and Qt 3.0 as well, but never officially
supported Qt 3.2 and KDE 3.2. The upcoming 0.7 is the replacement and 0.6
will be needed only by those who still run KDE 3.0.

--
Martijn