KConfigBase::entryIsImmutable() always returns true? (was: Re:Moving KPrefs from libkdepim to kdelibs)

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jul 29 19:08:08 BST 2003

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 16:48, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Monday 28 July 2003 14:48, Marc Mutz wrote:
<snip>
> > I've currently got problems with KConfigBase::entryIsImmutable()
> > always returning true for existing  entries for me.
>
> Which version of kdelibs are you using?

HEAD from last week.

> Note that if you open the KConfig object as read-only all entries are
> reported immutable.

I use

const KConfigGroup foo( KMKernel::config(), "Foo" );

Where KMKernel::config() is doing

KConfig* KMKernel::config()
{
    if (!myConfig)
        myConfig = myConfigSD.setObject(new KConfig( "kmailrc"));
    return myConfig;
}

and

myConfigSD is a static KStaticDeleter<KConfig> myConfigSD;

So it's not read-only (second arg of KConfig ctor defaults to false).

Marc

--
The [Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act] expands copyright not
only for future, but also for existing works, even though their