Qt 3.2 requirement

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Wed Jul 23 20:31:29 BST 2003

On Wednesday 23 July 2003 18:54, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 July 2003 18:19, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 	Again what is the policy of Qt 3.2?  There seems to be more and
> > more Qt 3.2 commits creeping in.  Is it time to cut over, or do we
> > need to just try to be more carful of editing UI files and
> > commiting code that is just not there yet in Qt 3.1.x
>
> Qt 3.2 has been released today, so I think it's a good time to make
> the switch.

I would prefer, if we could keep compatibility with Qt 3.1 for as long
as possible, at least until it is part of the major distributions.
Requiring a developer to compile a new Qt in order to be able to test a
patch for any KDE application in the KDE CVS is, in my opinion, too
much. This will prevent some people from contributing to KDE and that's
clearly not what we want.