kdebugdialog addition

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Tue Jul 22 23:31:47 BST 2003

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 21:57, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I've got tired of start/close/start/close cycle with kdebugdialog, as if you
> use the instant search feature and you try to change the debug output for two
> apps (eg. kdevelop and quanta) you must do:
> kdev -> check/uncheck -> OK -> restart -> q -> check/uncheck -> OK.

Indeed.

> If you don't press OK, you will lose your modifications. So how about an OK
> that doesn't close the dialog, AKA Apply?

Still a little unintuitive, a better way would be to actually fix the bug (i.e. store
the state of the debug areas in another data structure than the visible checkboxes)....
But if you don't feel like fixing it, I have nothing against Apply (this is only
a debugging tool after all :)

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer