broken KProcess in HEAD

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Tue Jul 22 11:01:36 BST 2003

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 03:25:12PM +0100, Gav Wood wrote:
> > #define fairly recently
> > my last changes were several months ago ...
>
> well it doesn't work now, and it does in 3.1.2....

ok, that's within the timeframe. :}

> > please apply the attached patch and report the messages. you may want to
> > add more qDebug()s if the output is non-conclusive and you want to dive
> > deeper into it.
>
> i applied the patch, but it showed nothing.

hmm, did you run from a console? kdeinit filters stderr, so qDebug does
not work.

> i then went through and put a qDebug << k_funcinfo at the start of
> every method;

kDebug, you mean?

> here's the results for a broken call:
> [...]

> compare this with the output for a working call:
> [...]

> any ideas now?

no, the part my messages were supposed to inform me about is missing. :(
but our two message sets combined are prolly most helpful. it would also
help if you added both entrance and leave messages for every function,
so we get a complete call trace.

greetings