kdelibs/libltdl brokenness..

Dominique Devriese dominique.devriese at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Jul 21 22:31:50 BST 2003

Waldo Bastian writes:

> On Monday 21 July 2003 22:54, Dominique Devriese wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this mail is quite long, skip to "EXECUTIVE SUMMARY + CONCLUSION"
>> below, if you're not interested in the details ;)

> See KLibLoader::globalLibrary

Great, that fixes it :)
Damn, if I had known it was that simple :(
thanks a lot :)

> It's potentially a bad idea to load parts/plugins with RTLD_GLOBAL
> because symbols of two different parts/plugins can clash.

Ack.

However, I think this also means that problems should be expected
after the libltdl upgrade, because the new version ( well, at least
the one on my system ( the one coming with libtool 1.4.3 ) ) has
RTLD_GLOBAL on by default, and the docs even mention it that way.

Maybe a similar trick as in globalLibrary() ( changing lt_dlopen_flag
) can be used in KLibLoader::library() to prevent the new behaviour..

cheers
domi