new KDE Development book

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Fri Jul 18 09:56:23 BST 2003

On Friday 18 July 2003 08:11, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> Forgot something: I'd like to have the KDE and Qt API included. I guess the
> Qt API docs and other docs are tricky because the copyright is with TT -
> but as Qt is GPL we could as well license the whole book (or the API part
> of the book which could be a separate book) GPL.

Are the generated docs GPL'ed?  I couldn't find a license for them, so I
haven't assumed such, but of course generating our own docs with Doxygen
based on GPL'ed sources would be GPL compatible.

The KDE API docs would also have to be released under something LGPL
compatible since the copyrights are with the respective authors.

> The issue is now, how do we get docbook files out of the doxygen generated
> docs ? Any clues ?

It's a TODO list item for Doxygen.  See http://www.doxygen.org/todo.html.

But at the moment it can already generate publication-ready formats like LaTeX
and PDF.  Would these not meet your needs?

-Scott
--
I hear that if you play the Windows XP CD backwards, you get a satanic message
"That's nothing. If you play it forward, it installs Windows XP!"