Australian representative?

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Wed Jul 16 02:27:11 BST 2003

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 06:29:02PM +1000, Don Sanders wrote:
> After talking to Daniel on freenode I would like to register my
> interest in becoming the KDE representative for Australia (or
> Oceania).

I encouraged Don to apply for rep; IMO, an Australia/Asia-Pacific/Oceania rep is
badly needed, judging by the volume of calls and emails I got.

> I'm not sure if I'm willing/able/wanted to do the job. If it's just a
> case of being a person that people interested in KDE can talk to I
> should be able to handle that fine. At least I'm willing/able to do
> that for one year but I'd prefer the position to put up for election
> or made available to others after one year.

I can break my contact down into several groups:
  * Users with problems - point them to LUGs or such.
  * People wondering if KDE is safe to roll out in enterprises and stuff -
    unsure if the GPL lets them roll their own stuff out in a corporate setting
    (I had quite a few of these).
  * General KDE-related inquiries.
  * Media.

> So if it's desirable to have an Australia/Oceania representative I'm
> interested, if KDE is interested in having me perform the role then
> could the appropriate person please send me a follow up email.

I strongly recommend Don, if only because we badly need an
Australia/Oceania/Asia-Pac rep.

--
Daniel Stone                                              <daniel at fooishbar.org>
http://www.kde.org - http://www.debian.org - http://www.xwin.org