new tab behaviour in konqi

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Jul 7 00:07:55 BST 2003

On Sunday 06 July 2003 21:54, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Sunday 06 July 2003 21:20, George Staikos wrote:
> > I think we have to revert this behaviour.
>
> Where would KDE be today if every functionality which was not perfect
> after the introducing commit would have been reverted instead of been
> improved?

This feature makes only sense if the new tabs are opened in a Konqueror
which is on the same desktop as the other application _and_ which is at
least partly visible. In all other cases the user might think he didn't
click the URL correctly and will click it another time. If this feature
works only in case of a visible Konqueror then it might indeed be
useful. In all other cases (opening in tab in a not visible Konqueror,
be it minimized or on another desktop or simply hidden by other
windows) this doesn't make much sense (IMO) unless this not visible
Konqueror is automatically raised and given focus.

Regards,
Ingo