KDE and I (and kmenuedit)

Raffaele Sandrini sandrini at kde.org
Thu Jul 3 17:51:18 BST 2003

Hi

I had not much time left for KDE recently. I had my final exams at school. Now
i must go to the army till October and then I'll start my studies in computer
science at the National Technics Institute at Zürich wich will last for 4 1/2
years.

As you can see my life is pretty planned in the near/medium future. The
university will need special attention during the first year (especially in
math).

This all leads to that i wont be able to do much (any) things else. I need to
give up my efforts for KDE too. Im not happy about that but doing else would
only show things not the right way. If you wish you can delete my CVS account
(rasa) and my email forwarder (sandrini at kde.org).

I am maintainer of KMenuEdit wich had very few changes during this year. So
this project will become free. Its a small project suitible for someone who
is interessted getting involved into KDE. Anyone interessted can send me an
email and i try to give as much information as possible.

I will try to follow some discusions on the core list and perhapps say
something... As i will still use it ill try to send in the one or other bug
report or/and advice. If it turns out that the university will be much more
easy then expected then you can be sure that i will come back. I expect that
after 2 years it will get easier and i will probabbly find time for something
else.

I want to thank everyone helping me on all my KDE ways. David helped me many
times and had good advice every time :). I use and develop on KDE for many
years now and i'm very pleased to what it has become. I think we can be proud
of that we made.

I hope i have not fergotten anyting :). So far...

cheers,
Raffaele