Three different tab implementations

Andras Mantia amantia at virtualartisans.com
Fri Jan 31 13:40:47 GMT 2003

On 2003. January 31., Friday 15:24, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Friday January 31, 2003 04:48, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > I'm waiting for your opinions. I really don't see why it is bad to have
> > MDI in this case and in this form. I find it to be easy to use and user
> > friendly. Of course we can make an option to use SDI instead of MDI, but
> > the question is the above one: how to use SDI?
>
> I'd like to see the project management in an app like Quanta be in a window
> to itself.  The document windows should open as indepdendent apps with my
> associated text editor.

But this would reduce the application to a project handling one. I think it
would be a step back. But an option to use an external editor (in which case
it would behave as you told) is possible, or even better: use a different
(your favourite) editor embedded as a KPart (if there is a KPart that
implements the KTextEditor interface for that editor). Anyway, your
suggestion is noted now.

> Sorta like controlled SDI, but less controlled.  Ever used cervisia?  I
> like that.

Yes, I'm using Cervisia on a daily basis.