Three different tab implementations

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Jan 31 04:15:09 GMT 2003

On Thursday 30 January 2003 22:04, Neil Stevens wrote:

> > > You can't force people not to do anything wrong, but that doesn't
> > > obligate you to help them.
> >
> >    Nor can you declare MDI to be wrong.
>
> KDE can, and has, in the same way it can declare a particular Qt version
> wrong, or a particular use of sprintf wrong.
>
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/standards/kde/style/basics/windows.h
>tml

  I think we were talking about tabbed MDI here.  That document doesn't talk
about tabbed MDI.  Furthermore, I think it is somewhat inappropriate to
declare some of the things that are declared in that document.  It is rather
sweeping and arbitrary in some respects.  Anyways, I'm not interested in
discussing that topic right now.

   After finally getting rid of my need for screen(1), no-one will take away
my tab-mdi konsole, konqueror, ksirc.

   Oh and one last thing, I believe that konqueror views are an example of
non-tabbed MDI and that has been in KDE since 2.0 days at least.  I forget if
it was in 1.x.

--

George Staikos