Nove Hrady - A possible Meeting for KDE fellows

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Wed Jan 29 05:46:41 GMT 2003

On Sunday, 26 January 2003 11:54, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> I want to avoid misunderstandings :-)) So, I'd say, let's plan a
> KDE-Fellow's meeting.

Those who already participated once, know well that these are highly
productive times. But, by their nature (and I intentionally avoid saying
"unfortunately", as I don't really believe :-), are a bit closed to the large
KDE community.

Thus, while planning this, the Association should probably seek an individual
that volunteers to dispend her own time for organizing. Most important, I
see, would be establishing the most important 2-3 topics that have to be
discussed in a plenum reunion of the persons present at the meeting. Of
course, choosing these topics can be done by poling the KDE community. Then,
as I see it, the organizer would be able to gather opinions from the virtual
fora and have the main debate at the meeting starting from this well prepared
platform.

This way, the attendants can orient their schedule at the meeting according to
these 2-3 discussions. And the discussion time can be minimized so that
coding time remains convenient.

My fast (nightly) reflexions. Hope this will help and I'm ready to participate
in the preliminary virtual discussions, as I won't be at the meeting, I
guess.

Thanks a lot for your attention.

--
Cristian Tibirna