TGA support for KDE

Dominik Seichter domseichter at t-online.de
Sun Jan 26 11:55:48 GMT 2003

Hi,

I wrote a kimgio plugin to read write TGA images using KDE. The code supports
at the moment reading rle compressed tga files and uncompressed tga files as
well as writing uncompressed tga's. I think it would be good to have this code
into kdelibs/kimgio to give all KDE apps access to TGA images.

The code works in a separate application of mine very well, when registered
with QImageIO::defineIOHandler( ... ). But it does not work at all when
installed as a kimgio plugin, because KDE does not call the TGA plugin when I
try to load an TGA file. Maybe my tga.kimgio is wrong or my changes to the
makefile were incorrect. Could some expert on kimgio please provide some help
and eventually commit the code to CVS ( I don't have an account ). As far as
I know all files got installed in the correct place.

I tested the code using HEAD.

CU Dom
Dominik Seichter - domseichter at web.de
Krename - http://www.krename.net